Comeback Yoga offers a competitive scholarship to well qualified candidates who are service members or veterans and wish to attend Yoga Alliance (YA) certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Application limited to Colorado residents only
Please use the link to the right to download the PDF.
When your application is complete, please scan and email a .pdf to email@example.com or mail a hard copy to Comeback Yoga PO Box 27621 Denver CO 80227. Please drop us an email to let us know you applied.
Scholarship Candidate Evaluation and Award Process
Yearly Application Deadlines: February 1, May 1, September 1
Notification will take place within 60 days of application deadline.
During the 60-day period, Comeback Yoga (CbY) Scholarship Committee will evaluate the candidate according to the following criteria and process.
Criteria for Scholarship Candidate Evaluation
- Candidate must be a military veteran
- Candidate to provide DD-214
- Candidate must complete application PDF and email or mail to Comeback Yoga
- Candidate to provide résumé
- Candidate to provide work and education history
- Candidate must be familiar with current CbY classes
- Candidate must describe that they have a regular yoga practice
- Committee to check references
- Committee to recognize that candidate will become a CbY brand ambassador if awarded
- Dr. Patricia Alexander to interview candidate
- CbY will adhere to its Non-Discrimination Policy
- Candidate to be interviewed by entire Scholarship Committee if possible
- Unanimous Committee approval is required to award scholarship
- A mentor will be assigned to each scholarship recipient to assist in their journey
- Candidate must understand the obligation to teach a minimum of 20 classes for CbY, if awarded
- Scholarship is paid in advance to hosting organization; 50% of the cost of Yoga Alliance certified YTT tuition not to exceed $1,300.00. Student is responsible for all other costs.
Requirement Checklist for CBY Scholarship Candidate
______Mid teacher training update meeting with CBY Program Director
______Final Completion of 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Training
______Provide written proof of insurance
______Submit 200 hour YTT certification document
______Sign and return CBY Contractor Agreement
______Observe 2 CBY classes (optimally different teacher for each shadow)
______Shadow 2 CBY classes (Teach 15-30 minutes & obtain feedback; optimally different teacher for each shadow)
______Attend 3 teacher mentor meetings during the first year after graduation
______CBY will provide a graduation gift of a copy of “The Body Keeps the Score”
______Graduate must discuss the book content with a CBY teacher or mentor
______Candidate must teach a minimum of 20 classes for CBY. Individual circumstances will be considered if candidate moves away from area or there are extenuating circumstances.
*Not meeting these requirements may result in a request for the reimbursement of scholarship monies